The steps for a portablEclipse aren’t that hard:
- get Eclipse and extract it to your portable drive
- install a JDK on your or any other PC (I really mean the Java Development Kit, not the JRE – anyway, both should work).
The default installation path should be something like “C:\Programs\Java”, containing a folder named “jdk1.5.0_xx”
- create a subfolder “JDKs” in your eclipse folder (depending on your drive letter and extraction path this should look like
- copy the jdk1.5.0_xx folder into the JDKs folder. (like
- edit the file “P:\someFolders\eclipse\eclipse.ini” to
(replace “jdk1.5.0_xx” with the actual folder name)
This is more elegant than using a batch file due to being independent from drive letters and path variables.
- go to a pc with OR WITHOUT java installed. Connect your portable drive and run “P:\someFolders\eclipse\eclipse.exe”
- when asked for a workspace location, you can enter “.\workspace”, which will create a workspace in your eclipse folder (like “P:\someFolders\eclipse\workspace\”)
- do javanese